Client Services & Housing

YCAP's Client Services & Housing

Tom, a single father with two small girls, first experienced homelessness after losing his job. He and the girls stayed with friends while he looked for work but ended up living in their car. After a month Tom contacted a local shelter following the recommendation of a friend.

During the shelter intake interview Tom shared that he had been offered a construction job if he could find a home. Unfortunately it took three weeks for a shelter vacancy to open up. By that time the job was gone and Tom suffered another setback. His car broke down. Because Tom was settled in a shelter YCAP he received Housing Stabilization Program (HSP) money from OHCS to pay for the car repair and provided him with gas vouchers. Tom was then able to line up daycare for his girls and begin a job search.

YCAP operates three shelter homes in Yamhill County—one in Newberg and two in McMinnville. The shelters house single women and families with children. Fourty-one homeless families were served in 2010-2011 for a total of 7,704 shelter nights.

When life circumstances change its easy to become overwhelmed and not know where to turn. Our case managers work with individuals in emergency situations to review their options, find needed resources and create individualized solutions to help the person get back on their feet.

Client Services include:

  • Self-sufficiency and Goal-setting information
  • Referral services
  • Emergency Assistance

We also have a Direct Client Assistance Fund (DCAF) that can be used for:

  • Work related needs (special licensing, tools or clothing)
  • Transportation (car repair, bus passes)
  • Education (testing or training fees, books)
  • Oregon Health Plan premiums
  • ID, licenses and birth certificates

A home is more than shelter…it’s a place to heal when you’re sick, sleep safely, help children with schoolwork, have a family meal, and use as a base from which to seek employment. We work with a variety of assistance programs to help families find and remain in a home.

Housing Services include:

  • Case management to educate families about their options
  • Shelters for homeless families with children and single women
  • Affordable housing
  • Rental assistance for homeless individuals and those at risk of becoming homeless
  • Transitional Shelter to help families get back on their feet.
  • To apply for assistance call the front desk (503-472-0457) and ask to make an appointment with a case manager, or come into our office during business hours and see a member of our Client Services staff about your need. An intake and background check will then be conducted, identification and other information will be obtained, and the client will be put on our Shelter Wait List, if applicable.

    NW Social Service Connections              Notice to Clients of Uses & Disclosures – Privacy Notice

  • Our agency enters personal and demographic information about you into a computerized record-keeping system.
  • The information is used to plan delivery of services & to provide statistical information for setting goals.
  • Information you provide will be used for administrative and operational purposes to improve, provide & coordinate services that can be offered you.
  • Information you provide will be used for functions related to payment or reimbursement for services, monitor program effectiveness, and to prepare reports and statistical information without personal identifying information.
  • If you have safety concerns, you may not want personal information entered into the system, you should discuss this with a staff member.
  • Personally identifying information may be seen by staff members who provide you with services, select community service providers when appropriate, and a small number of people (ie: system administrators or program funders) who maintain the computerized record-keeping system, except as required by law.
  • You will not be denied services, if you refuse to consent to share data.
  • You have the right to see your record and to ask that it be corrected.
  • You have the right to file a grievance if you feel you have been harmed in some way by the use of the computerized data system.                
    THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS. For a complete statement of your information rights, please ask a staff person for a copy of our Privacy Policy. If you have any questions about our computerized record-keeping system and how it might affect you, feel free to talk about your concerns with a staff member.                                                                  NWSSC CMIS/HMIS Privacy Notice to Clients Page 1 of 1 Legal Review Oct /2011 Released 10/13/2011